The Audit Bureau of Circulations in the UK and Ireland reports that it and the members of JICWEBS (The Joint Industry Committee for Web Standards) yesterday agreed to exclude RSS User-Agents from member websites’ user traffic statistics, thus excluding RSS from the measurement of Page Impressions.
The member then asked the ABC’s Internet Technical Group to review and suggest ways of measuring the ‘reading’ of RSS.
JICWEBS’ members include the:
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IABUK) of the UK.
- Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA).
- Incorporated Society of British Advertisers (ISBA).
- Newspaper Society (NS).
- Association of Online Publishers (AOP).
- Digital Media Group (DMG) .
- Newspaper Publishers’ Association (NPA).
In other words, the organizations that include just about every online publisher in the U.K.