I had hugely underestimated the amount of my time I needed during the past seven weeks to:
- Acccept on short-notice at professorship at Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
- Close my Connecticut home and move to Syracuse.
- Close my Connecticut office and move it to Syracuse (though Its postal mailing address listed above is still valid)
- Quickly finish a number of long-term assignments for my full-time consulting clients so that I could make time for Syracuse University (now more than 60 percent of my time).
- Write syllabi for two university courses for undergraduate and graduate students. These courses are New Media Business and Experimental Media. There aren’t any existing syllabi and textbooks on those subjects, so I’ve had to create these courses from scratch.
- Chair a faculty, staff, and student committee about integrating new media throughout the school’s teaching of newspaper, magazines, broadcast, film, public relations, advertising, and public diplomacy curricula.
So, I apologize for my absence. I still owe several other consulting clients some work. Blogging here has been accordingly very low on my priorities….